The visit was part of activities by the Commission to work closely with all constituted bodies.
Mr. Yaw Boadu-Ayeboafoh advised GBC;
- Not to be discouraged by negative comments by some sections of the public about GBC but rather continue to provide quality content.
- He tasked Management to submit a proposal on the reforms that the Corporation intends to make.
- He urged journalists to be professional in their reportage by seeking stories from all parties and not broadcast one -sided stories.
- The NMC Chairman also expressed joy about the harmony that exists between Management and Union.
The Director-General of GBC, Prof. Amin Alhassan, on his part highlighted on the;
- Progress on the restructuring of GBC brands and flagship programmes
- The need to review the legal instrument that established Ghana Broadcasting Corporation.
- Sensitize the public about the need to pay TV Licence. He suggested TV Licence be re-launched as a Public Media Tax.
- He further emphasized the need for NMC to seriously consider a sustainable funding system for the Corporation, especially funding for football rights which will enable the Public Broadcaster telecast football games to Ghanaians nationwide.